Thursday, April 15, 2010

Laugh Out Loud at Your Library - Golf

From Golf Shorts by Glenn Liebman
"Hitch up my girdle and let it rip."
-----Amy Alcott, describing her style at the tee

I'll take the two-shot penalty, but I'll be damned if I'm going to play the ball where it lies."
-----Elaine Johnson, after her tee shot hit a tree and caromed into her bra

"It took me 17 years to get 3,000 hits (playing baseball). I did it in one afternoon on the golf course."
-----Hank Aaron

"Golf is an expensive way of playing marbles."
-----G.K. Chesterton

"Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an even smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill designed for that purpose."
-----Winston Churchill
Golf has its passionate devotees. Then there are the rest of us. Even the devotees have to maintain their sense of humor about the game.

Find more golf humor, at your library today!

No comments: