Sunday, January 17, 2010

CD Review - Musiq Soullchild - On My Radio


Title: On My Radio
Author: Musiq Soulchild
Media type: Sound Recording
Genre: R&B/ Soul

Taalib Johnson (born September 16, 1977), better known by his stage name Musiq Soulchild or Musiq (pronounced mju:sik), is a soul artist whose style blends contemporary R&B, soul, funk, alternative, blues, jazz and hip hop.


Musiq is the eldest of nine children. At an early age, Musiq decided he would discontinue his high school education, and left home at 17. It was during that time Musiq started to build a reputation for being musically gifted, beat boxing for MC's, free styling on the open mic circuit, scatting at a jazz club, or just performing a cappella in the streets of Philadelphia, which is where he got the name Musiq and later added Soulchild, which is intended to respect and represent the legacy and traditions of past soul artists. (retrieved 1/10/10, Wikipedia)

Musiq soulchild on the origin of his name. There were people who knew of me but didn't really know me; they just knew me as that music dude. So after getting that so much, I was like Just call me Musiq. It was so fresh to me because if I had to be called anything, I would have wanted to be called Music. That's how much I dug it; when you see me, I want you to automatically think of music. The nickname Soulchild came from two ideas. Musiq quotes it as, Musiq Soulchild is technically two ideas. Musiq is the front man and Soulchild is the idea behind it. It's basically me as an artist in this generation, representing the traditions and the legacies of the past soul stars.

Of course all women will love this song if they have not already heard it. This is sure to be an all time favorite. The song is entitled, “So Beautiful.” The title speaks for itself. Many women want to be the object of their mates affections with endless compliments and this songs speaks to the heart. Musiq Soulchild speaks of his affections for his lady and tells how he wants to spend the reast of his life with her. Thisis a true classic that you will want to listen to for many years to come.

So Beautiful
You're my baby,
My love, my baby
All night
You make me
Want you
It drives me crazy
I feel like you were made just for me baby
Tell me if you feel the same way

Cause it just feels so right
I don't wanna waste no time
If I had to choose
I know I'm gonna always choose to be with you
Cause girl don't you know

Girl don't you know
You're so beautiful
I wanna give all my love to you girl
Not just a night
But the rest of your life
I wanna be always here by your side

Go listen and see if you think this is a classic song that you will be able to listen to for many years. Let us know if you like this song or not? Or, what are your thoughts after listening to this song?

No comments: