Monday, November 23, 2009

CD Spotlight - Ginuwine- A Man's Thoughts


Title: A Man’s Thoughts
Author: Ginuwine
Media type: Sound Recording
Genre: R&B/ Soul

Ginuwine was one of R&B's pre-eminent love men during the '90s heyday of hip-hop soul. Initially teamed with Timbaland, the most innovative producer of the late '90s, Ginuwine's sultry, seductive crooning earned him a substantial female following and made him a regular presence on the R&B charts, even after the futuristic production he favored was eclipsed by the more organic, retro-leaning neo-soul movement.

Ginuwine was born in Washington, D.C., on October 15, 1975, with the unlikely name of Elgin Baylor Lumpkin (after D.C.-born Basketball Hall of Famer Elgin Baylor). As a youngster, Lumpkin's interest in music was ignited by Prince and Michael Jackson, especially the latter's legendary moonwalking performance on the Motown 25th-anniversary special. At the mere age of 12, he began performing at parties and bars with the local hip-hop group the Finesse Five. He later worked as a Michael Jackson impressionist and sang with another local outfit, Physical Wonder; in the meantime, he earned a paralegal degree from a local community college, in case music didn't work out. In 1996, he adopted the name Ginuwine and was discovered by Jodeci. In New York, he met up with young producer Timbaland and cut the track Pony, whose slow, halting groove and impassioned vocals helped Ginuwine land a deal with Sony's 550 Music imprint. (Retrieved 11/16/2009 from lyricsyoulove.com)

Ginuwine has shown that he can withstand the test of time with his classic music. He has always been more a romantic crooner, which is why we love his music. His music has matured and you can hear the depth of his passion when he sings. He has been missing in action for a while, but he is back with his latest CD entitled, A Man’s Thoughts. Great title because we know see the more mature man and sound of his music. Glad he is back.

Ginuwine's sixth album entitled A Man’s Thoughts, was released on June 23, 2009. The album was produced by The Underdogs, B Cox, Timbaland, The Runners, Johnta Austin, Oak and Polow Da Don. The album includes guests appearances from Brandy, Missy Elliott, Bun B and Timbaland. Ginuwine formed a group with Tank and Tyrese namedTGT. Their first single was a remix of Tank's "Please Don't Go". They were supposed to tour but plans fell apart due to conflicting schedules.

The song that moves me most from his lastest CD is entitled, Last Chance. We all have been through relationships where we decided this is not the realtionship for us and that their may be someone better for us. The grass is Greener syndrome. In this song, he realizes that the person he is with is the only one for him and basically he has one last chance to show her before she decides to leave. Loved It! To listen to the song and watch the video, click on the song title. Here is the chorus and a little of the lyrics.

Last Chance
If this is my Last Chance to love you
I'm going to play it like a grown man or two
If I only got one shot to win you
Then call me Jordan, 4th quarter in '92
(I'm guna do it) No matter what your girlfriends say
(I'm guna do it) Don't leave me baby talkin about that kind of change
(I'm guna do it) From a boy to a man, Like Barack and his plan
(I'm guna do it) If this is my last chance, yeaa

The things I said, I can't believe it
But I swear to God, I didn't mean it
But it takes alot from me, to admit I'm wrong
But how do I ever save my homerun'
I keep going back, back, and forth
In and out, out the door
Don't want to fuss and fight no more
Don't give a damn about the score, Cause I, I'm a different kind of man
I'm the kind that understands, what I got inside my hands Sooo...

If you like this kind of music or not, share your thoughts.

No comments: