Monday, November 9, 2009

CD Spotlight - Anthony Hamilton - The Point of it All


Title: The Point of it All
Author: Anthony Hamilton
Media type: Sound Recording
Genre: R&B/ Soul

Anthony Hamilton is a soulful singer that gets deep within your soul and heart when he sings. He has been around a few years and was usually known for the more sad songs, but I think all of his songs had a deeper message that many people did not understand. His sound is classic and reminds more of artist like Sam Cook and Marvin Gaye.

Anthony Hamilton (born January 28, 1971 in Charlotte, North Carolina is a Grammy Award WinningAmerican R&B, soul, and Neo Soul singer-songwriter, and record producer who rose to fame with his platinum-selling second studio album Comin From where I'm From (2003), which featured the singles Comin' From where I'm from and Charlene

Hamilton first discovered his talent while singing in his church's choir at age ten. In 1993, he left Charlotte and headed toNew York City, where he signed with Andre Harell'sUptown Records. In 2000, he joined soul singer d’Angelo's international tour in promotion the Voodoo album, where he sang backup. He was first introduced to mainstream audiences with his singing of the chorus on Nappy Root’s 2002 Po' Folks, which earned a Grammy Award nomination for Best/Rap Sung Collaboration in 2003.

I want fans to hear my growth, says the Charlotte, North Carolina native. But I also want to open up the ears of those who don't know about Anthony Hamilton. I don't always want to be known as the sad cat. I like to have a good time, too. I've taken fans to church and baptized them; there are those who say I've healed them with my music. Now we're going to boogie in the name of the Lord. ( http://www.anthonyhamilton.com/)

I think you will enjoy the newest album by Anthony Hamilton, entitled, The Point of it All. Again, you hear his soulful sound that resonates deep within. The song that I also would like for you to listen to is entitled the same as the entire CD. The Point of it All tells how when you love a person, you want the best for them. You check on them to make sure all is well, not because of lack of trust. The point of all of this is that you are loved.

The Point of it All

I can't stay away from you too long
Even if I do I'll always call
Checkin' on you make sure you're ok
Be the one to brighten up your day
And The Point Of It All Is I love you
You know I love you baby
My days seem long whenever we're apart
It's like someone had thrown away my heart
You're a major part of my life
And no matter what the storm may bring I'm fine with you,
And the point of it all Is I love you
And the reason for it all Is I love you

I think Anthony has another great CD that I think you will enjoy as much as I have. Great sounds! Go take a listen and leave your comments.

No comments: