Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Love in the Library - A Knight in Shining Armor


Have you had one of those weekends that just don’t turn out as you expected? Having had one of those recently, instead of digging into a bowl of ice cream, I decided to pull out my favorite romance book and cuddle up with it. I thought I would share it with you!

Title: A Knight in Shining Armor
Author: Jude Deveraux
ISBN: 0743457269
Genre: Historical Romance – Time Travel

Poor Dougless Montgomery…she has a horribly cheap boyfriend with an obnoxious daughter, who leaves her stranded in England after another of their nasty fights. Love-torn and crying over an ancient knight’s tomb, she finds herself suddenly in the presence of Nicholas, the Earl of Strafford. The very knight whose tomb she was weeping over has been unwillingly transported to the future to help Dougless in her time of need. The two of them must figure out a way for Nicholas to get back to his own time, or his legacy will be lost.

This is a fish out of water story, both for Nicholas in the future and Dougless when she is transported to the past. Nicholas’ legacy and reputation have been torn apart and he is mystified as to what may have happened in his lifetime to allow this to happen. The mystery of this leads them from the future to the past. I also enjoyed how the book ended because it was not as expected; in fact I almost threw the book away before I finished the final pages. Trust me…keep reading!

I have read this book 5 times, which is highly unusual for me. I rarely read books more than once, much less a romance book. This book has a charm that I can’t explain, but everyone I recommend it to loves it as well.

This is historical romance at its finest with a time travel theme added in. This is the book that really started that trend in historical romance and many books tried to replicate its charm and failed. If you are a contemporary romance reader, you may not enjoy this because it has all the stereotypes of the historical genre.

No comments: